Saturday, July 17, 2010

A Summer Swim

Rudi's Neighbor, the Hawk

Thursday, July 15, 2010

I drove over to Leon today to visit my friend Rudi. When I drove up to his house I discovered that his neighbor has a beautiful hawk on his front porch. Rudi doesn't know the hawks' origin, but I suspect the bird has been "rescued". Perhaps it is the victim of a car hit. The bird was quite docile and allowed me a very close look without any signs of being nervous.


The Lake

After visiting a while, Rudi suggested we hike up a canyon between Leon and Guanajuato to a lake he has found. He assured me that the water was very clear, clean and cool. It was a hot day so we took bathing suits.

The lake was beautiful and we had a really refreshing swim.

On our way back down the mountain we walked along with some local boys - probably 12-14 years old. They had been out hunting and had killed a rather large lizard with their slingshots. They were very interested in the "extranjeros" and they had lots of questions for us.



No comments: